Sunday, March 29, 2009

We Are the People


A Friday where I played Leslie Feisty and accomplished a new dishwasher, garbage grinder, and a pantry for our apartment. Bottle of wine shortly followed with the people and a two minute stroll to catch I Love You Man. GO SEE IT NOW! We laughed our asses off and later we had a momentous jam session. Flo owns in poetically devouring her catchy cute songs and Mark just wales the way Jeff Buckley did, revealing his soul in song. Next came the beer and more people came over to join in our festivities and dance right round. 1am appeared upon us in a dark room, where a Blues Jr and Les Paul were reverbed up into an oblivion, Eugene hammered out love into a keyboard, and I owe and awed my vocals on top of the two lying on the floor. It was one of the loveliest musical experiences I've ever had.

Saturday brought forth a morning with cycling and steep incline treading and next came four hours of hell at the Cove and excitement to the night that would soon begin. Peruvian food is better than I had imagined, meaty and unique at best. All the people then went Downtown, where the streets have been beautified in recent years and the bar/food scene has improved drastically. Library Bar... A place to go with good people and have quite good beer on tap, with no pretentious people in sight. Who'd a thought there'd be such a place in Los Angeles?

Sunday Bloody Sunday. You might be my favorite day of the week! Hiking with H in the morning, meandering up in the hills, with Wild Flowers spread about, and adorably cute Hungry Caterpillars clinging onto nearby plants. No Sunday in my current life/lifestyle would be complete without Farmers Market. Yes, I've become one of those food snob elitests... With all the hipsters and people who like to get their produce fresh, and all in all, the fruits and veggies taste a million times better than the grocery store. Tangerines, strawberry tomatoes, green beans, and by Johanna's recommendation, the Flor De Sel Carmel Ice Cream. Oh, and flowers for my girlfriend who came to visit me on her way up to SLO!

Firefly followed... Tortilla Flats and Huevos Rancheros. Blues music was provided by my fav. guy who worked his 6 guitars (acoustic, 12 string, steel string...) and his harmonica friend, who had a case of 8+ bad boys. Why is brunch always so perfect here?

My lovely Bella and I headed to Whole Foods to polish off our afternoon, and it was AMAZING. 10bucks to get drunk and try 5 different wines. 5bucks to try 5 different beers, plus the guy gave us some samples of cheese. This Whole Foods in Pasandena is like a foodie Costco on crack with all the samples they hook you up with.

I rejoice in the world, adventure in the world, and surround myself with the best people in the world. We are the people.

Empire of the Sun-We Are the People

No comments:

Post a Comment