Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pass Me a Lighter


The one part of Los Angeles I don't care for, the skinny bitches and boys. After working in a restaurant for almost two years, submerged in the fashinoista culture of frail thin hipsters and actors oh my, I'm still puzzled. When girls are out on dates with boys they say, "I'm not hungry". when I ask them what they'd like. Shortly after the male replys, "wait you're not hungry?". Mind you this is some sort of dinner date I'm experiencing right before me. The guy seems almost confused, but really, how could she look this thin if she ate all the time? She shortly comes back in the conversation, "I'll have a coffee". And yes folks, that is all Sarah will have, because she finds her appearance to be of the utmost importance! As Paul is savoring his delicious burger topped with bleu cheese and a mixed green salad(for he didn't want to look like a fatty in front of Sarah), they carry on in meaningless convesations about their day. Sarah is sipping her liquid crack, that will increase her perkiness and not too long after, a cigarette will follow, just to assure herself that she is by no means hungry. Coffee, cigarettes, and an occasional glass of red wine. This is the true life of many Los Angelesians.

1 comment:

  1. This is very true and funny, though these frail females don't are perhaps smarter than the ones I used to encounter while working at Woodstock's, who would order wild bread with no cheese and butter, a salad with no cheese or meat, and then confidently ask for four sides of ranch.

    ReplyDelete