Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Wanted a Hit!

James I do adore... Mr. Murphy has brought us yet another SPECTACULAR album, supposedly the last to be graced under the LCD Soundsytem name. At first I wasn't too jazzed with the "Drunk Girls" track thinking he lost his magic, but I was truly wrong. This will definitely be in my top 5 of the year as it leaves me in absolute bliss and ups my happy-go-lucky meter by a whopping 16%! Build ups have never sounded so good and the flow of the album in its entirety is just ridiculous(that of the amazing). Gotta find a way to go buy tickets for the Fox Theater before they sell out, cause Ticket Master is trying to rape people of a $17 markup per ticket! So atrocious... This is music that must be heard live!

LCD Soundsytem-You Wanted a Hit



LCD Soundsytem- All I Want

2 comments:

  1. You picked two of the four best songs on the record (the other two being "Dance Yrself Clean" and "I Can Change"), but overall I think it's not even in the same category as Sound of Silver. Just my preference, of course, but that album is nearly perfect; this one has songs I will happily skip.

    Nikki and I are going to the Fox show, so get tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two are also mmm mmmm good!

    I'm biting the bullet and buying tickets today! Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete