Friday, July 31, 2009

The Road

Seldom do I come across a book that provokes me to finish it in an astounding 3 days flat till I came upon The Road, by Cormac McCarthy. A post-apocalyptic tale about a Father and son who journey through the gloomy world that has become nothing more than a damp, soiled, lifeless wasteland. The imagery is daunting with its graphic gray tones and to live a life where the ashes of hell fall upon one, is no life at all. Their enduring journey with hope that the coastline will bring some sort of real sunshine into their life, is that of a long shot, but a shot nonetheless.

Please do yourself a favor and read this book, as it is now one of my favorites... One of those books that makes you appreciate the life you have and those around you, it might even make you complain less about the little things you over dramatize yourself with. Oh, let me mind you it is an upcoming major motion picture, so read it soon!

And I highly suggest Sigur Ros to accompany you on your travels down The Road, to enhance and mystify... I leave you with quite possibly my favorite track off of Ágætis byrjun.

Sigur Ros-Svefn-g-englar

1 comment:

  1. trailer for the movie looked pretty promising. didn't know it was a book, should have known, HAHAH. def have to peep at it soon. love me some ros also.

    ReplyDelete