Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Red & Purple

I love The Dodos and you should too. Really, they are the best band I've heard in a long time that balances rhythm, guitars, and vocals in such a creative way that I wonder aimlessly through my day, humming and singing their songs around the people in my life. This song in particular has been the repeat of the week, singing the chorus;

"I know that I am yours and you will be mine
Come and join us in the trenches
Red and purple by our side
Say you'll never leave us
In this company of mine"

They're also playing a free show at the Getty in August, which I'm afraid I might not be able to attend, due to a beer tour with the lovelies in San Diego. Do yourself a favor, go see em', they'll inspire you in many ways.

The Dodos-Red & Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment