Sunday, June 28, 2009

With You

The art of being a seductive female folk artist, who can truly enrapture their audience are few and far between. There's a sweetly bitter sorrow in Sharon Van Etten's tone, that swirls a Mazzy Star daze into day dreaming that I simply love. Her songs are weathered, like the outside of a 1920's house that has gone years without a new coat of paint and has a forever empty rocking chair on the porch that is covered in dust. This lovely lady even opened up for one of my other favorite folksters, Meg Baird back in 2008. Tell me you don't love the haunting organ entangled with her gorg. voice.

I'm off till next Monday or so to venture in Yosemite, do a measly 16 mile hike up Half Dome, get lost in some falls, and end my part deux vacation in Mammoth with all the lovelies... Living in the day... I'll be giving somewhat of a full report on my 3 weeks of travels in the coming weeks, over and out.

-Leiann Marie

Sharon Van Etten-For You

No comments:

Post a Comment