Monday, January 25, 2010

My Brown Sound Jacket

Oh! I have a favorite album of the year thus far, going to none other than Spoon. Sure they're catchy as hell, however I find their new album "Transference" to be on the nitty/gritty/dirty indie rock side. They splash in their usu piano and guitar driven licks, I particularly like the swagger these guys have and the way in which they explore this demo-ly polished 5th album. I'm Ga Ga Ga for these guys even more so than before, and this is the only band that continuously puts out albums varying in mediums like my beloved Radiohead. I remember catching Spoon live at S.D.S.S. two years ago and being blown away by how much they kicked ass live, leaving me in a foot and head bopping state. Well come April I will get to catch them along with the hipster-ass crowd, shred my ears with love and distortion.

Spoon- Trouble Comes Running

No comments:

Post a Comment